Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bengia
Frequent Visitor

Financial Periods not Sorting correctly

Hi All,

Trying to get my Business Reporting in order and i need to align it with our Financial Period.

Problem is when I put into a report, it doesnt filter in the right order.

So i created a new Table and added the date and showed how it aligned to the Finanical Period, but it still doesnt work correct. 

Any Items?

the Output in a report

needs to be Q2 HY18 -> Q1 FY18 -> Q2 FY18

reporting quarter.PNG

What the reporting table looks like.

(FYI CLosing Blance is how it relates back to my other tables)

ReportingPeriod.PNG

thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @bengia,

You can also take a look at following link about use relationship and 'sort by column' properties to create a custom sort order table to achieve custom sort order

Custom Sorting in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@bengia you need to add another column in your table to give the sort order for your financial period.

For example another field like 

2017-Q1

2017-Q2

2017-Q3

and so on....

and then sort your reporting period with this new column in modelling. 

Hope it is helpful.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.