Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering on summarised data

Hi,

I have a table that has the following headings:

Broker     USD Spend   

XXX         $100

YYY         $200

Each row has a couple of columns that categorise by region: EMEA, APAC, CEE for example. I have made a filter for all of those columns using: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Once-Slicer-for-multiple-columns/td-p/407949

So my slicer now has all the options (EMEA, APAC, CEE).

As USD spend is a summarised column, when I change the region, the USD spend does not update to show how much each broker's usd spend is. For example, if broker XXX has two orders of $20 that are both from EMEA, and we selected 'EMEA' from the slicer, it still shows $100 in the broker table. 

Is there anyway to solve this issue without making USD spend unsummarised? This doesn't look great compared to summarised but I would like the filtering to work correctly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixed this with a calculate dax function:

IF(ISFILTERED('SlicerTable for CCY region'[Region]),
SWITCH(TRUE(),
selectedFilter="EMEA",CALCULATE(SUM('Table 1'[USD Spend]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[EMEA]=selectedFilter)),

etc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixed this with a calculate dax function:

IF(ISFILTERED('SlicerTable for CCY region'[Region]),
SWITCH(TRUE(),
selectedFilter="EMEA",CALCULATE(SUM('Table 1'[USD Spend]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[EMEA]=selectedFilter)),

etc

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.