Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MattLink

Filtered measures to calculate debtor days

Hi Everyone,

After a bit of help here, fairly new to DAX and measures and have only previously used Quick measures which are now only getting me so far so any help you can provide on this will be greatly appreciated.

I have one table that includes all of my Account ID's, Monthly Revenue and Monthly Debt.  I can get the starting information I want into a Matrix  visual but need to extract the answers for further analysis to return my Debtors days for each period.

here is a sample set of my matrix tables (Data Provided is example numbers)

MattLink_1-1668165673863.png

I think I need to create multiple filtered measures on the table as follows

Revenue - "AcctID starts with 4" and repeat for each period

Debtors - "AcctID equals 1000" and repeat for each period

Final measure i think would then be 

Debtor Days - "(Debtors Period 1 measure/Revenue Period 1 measure)/365*12"

But I have no idea if the above is correct or if there would be a cleaner way of getting the desired result.  And if they are accorect how to actualy write the measures.

Once i have the debtors days for each period I will then be adding a clustered column and line chart to my dashboard that would show revenue in the bar and debtors days on the line a little something like this.

MattLink_0-1668165479795.png

I hope all the above makes sense and someone is able to assist.  If anymore information is required please ask away.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I have one table that includes all of my Account ID's, Monthly Revenue and Monthly Debt.

Time to take the next step in your Power BI journey and learn about data models.  That will help you both with this question but also further on.

Thanks @lbendlin it's not a single table by choice it is just where the data lives within my systems database.

Any recommendations on where to learn about data models that may help me with this issue and beyond?  There is a lot of resources out there so any guidance on certain areas to focus on will be really appreciated.

Search for "Power BI Snowflake Schema"

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.