Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lesg
Frequent Visitor

Filtered Results Error

Hi Guys,

Wonder if anyone can help with issue I have with filtered results.

I have a report that shows Inventory Data with current quanties, with two filtered reports that show Purchase orders and sales orders.

User can filter invetory data to select an item and get related reports for both Purchases and Sales.

My problem is, when an item in the Inventory is selected, if stock value is 0 the purchase report does not show related Purchase Orders, However, if stock value has a positive number, the purchase reports shows all related puchases of this item.

The Sales report works regardless of the stock value, 0 or Positive  values.

I have checked that the relationships are setup correctly, just cannot understand why if stock is 0 is will not show the Purchase orders.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @lesg ,

I would suggest you create dimension table for items that have all items without duplication and link it to all 3 tables.

then use it to show and filter data.

check the concept of star schema modeling https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/star-schema

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks for your quick response, not sure I fully understand your suggestion yet, will go through the linked document and see if I can make sense of this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.