Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter visuals/tweak measure calculation for YoY Growth

I have a table showing individuals' performance vs. plan as well as YoY performance for a couple prior years. These are tied to regions and another visual above. When I include only current year data, the geographical filter works and sorts only to those tied to the particular region. However, the inclusion of prior years shows a -100% growth rate and therefore includes everyone, regardless of region selected. Is there a way to tweak my measures or somehow apply a filter to only show those with data in the current year? In the first photo below, no particular region is selected. When I select the region tied to Brennan, I'd like Jackson and Heidemarie to be hidden. Does that make sense, and if so, is it possible? It's something with the YoY growth rates populating for everyone in all periods but I can't figure out how to get the measure to not show the -100% at all times. BI Ex 2.PNGBI Ex 1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disregard. I was able to put an IF statement around my calc and return BLANK() if my prior years = 0. Filtering seems to be working now. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disregard. I was able to put an IF statement around my calc and return BLANK() if my prior years = 0. Filtering seems to be working now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.