Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

marvelbites06

Filter should have at least one value selected.

Hello All,

I have report in which I have add the below filter to all pages. I have enabled only single selction. 

I want the filter to always have one value selected user should not be able to unselect all option in the filter. Is there any way we can achive it.  Below is the example where i am able to unselct all but i want to achive that it should always have one value selcted.

I am using Import Query.

marvelbites06_0-1713251154039.png

@GuyInACube 

@rezadorrani 

@Dhruvin 

4 REPLIES 4
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marvelbites06 

Unfortunately, Power BI currently does not provide a direct feature to enforce at least one selection in a filter when single selection mode is enabled.

You can propose an idea about this, you can submit your idea by going to the link below.

Home (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

marvelbites06

I have already already check the option for the Single selection. I am nit using the Slicer. The solutuin that you have will work on sliscer. See below.

marvelbites06_1-1713258814680.png

marvelbites06_0-1713258781444.png

Hi @marvelbites06 

I believe what you are trying to achieve is not possible with the filter pane. I would recommend using the slicer visual instead.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
My LinkedIn
Adescrit
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @marvelbites06 

It looks to me that you nee dto ensure that the "single select" option checked. If you had checked it already, the selection options in the slicer would have a sircular / radar toggle next to them, as opposed to the square icon currently.

Adescrit_0-1713254776824.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
My LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.