Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

0Experience
Helper I
Helper I

Filter selection is not highlighting at the of opening the power bi file

Hello Everyone,

I have a power bi file that contains a multiple selection filter with a bar chart. At the time of closing I selected all 3 years from the filter and respective data shown on the bar chart like the below figure

0Experience_0-1715174169235.png

Later, I saved the file, and closed it. After closing, when I am opening the file again, it will show 3 years data on the bar chart but the filter doesn't highlighted years like the below figure

0Experience_1-1715174236965.png

My expectation is, when I will open the power bi, it should highlight the all years from the filter selection. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @0Experience 

Thanks for your quick reply, the desktop has latest version  2.128.952.0 64-bit (April 2024), you can update the version to the latest, then create the visual again.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @0Experience 

After testing, when I closed the file, then open it, the slicer can still work well.

vxinruzhumsft_0-1715222351794.png

You can try to clear the selection and reselect again, and you can check your desktop version, and make sure the version is update to the latest.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xinruzhu-msft 

Thanks for your reply. My version is: 2.124.1805.0 64-bit (December, 2023)

Hi @0Experience 

Thanks for your quick reply, the desktop has latest version  2.128.952.0 64-bit (April 2024), you can update the version to the latest, then create the visual again.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

@v-xinruzhu-msft Thanks for your suggestion. I updated the Power BI version, and now it is working.

Just curious, was this issue solely due to my Power BI not being updated (even though it wasn't too old), or was there a bug in the previous version?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.