Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

a_a
Regular Visitor

Filter on visual applying at the data slice level not overall level

Hi 

I've got a variable called D1b. It has 7 response options to it. I have it shown as a pie chart. If a person uses slicers and the total number of respondents (rows) gets down to less than 10, the visual needs to go blank. I'm trying to do this by using a filter on the visual using a variable called D1b count, where if the count is greater than or equal to 10, the visual shows. Problem is that the filter seems to be applying to each response option too. So, I might have a total of 28 responses after using my slicers, but I will have missing pie slices becuase that response group in D1b is less than 10,  but I want the whole visual, and to hide it only if the whole cohort is less than 10. i.e., i want small groups to show their slice as long as the overall group is greater than 10. here is my code: 

D1b count = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Demographics'), ALLSELECTED('Demographics'[D1b]))

a_a_0-1710484761911.png

here's what it should look like:

a_a_1-1710484802478.png

but say the group 1000+ FTE was only 5, not 10, then it would take that slice off the visual for some reason. 

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
a_a
Regular Visitor

Hi, I am unable to provide any kind of sample or base files due to confidentiality. I just want to understand why a filter would be applying at a response group level (one slice of pie) instead of overall level and how to get around it. 

I cannot assist you if you are unable to provide sample data. I hope someone else can help you further.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.