Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

peteru9067
Helper III
Helper III

Filter not working for calculated column in desktop bar chart

I have a table with a  calculated column for the hours my device is in bypass...... I want to display the count of devices greater than 200 hrs in my bar chart but when I filter the calculated column in my bar chart it shows blank

Power BI Question2.GIFPower BI Question.GIF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @peteru9067 ,

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create measure.

Measure =
COUNTX(ALLSELECTED('Table'),[Instrument Tag])

2. Open the bar chart, place [Instrument Tag] in Axis, [ Bypass >72] and [measure] in Value.

vyangliumsft_0-1649295873876.png

3. Result:

Set through Filter > 24 hours, 72 hours, 96 hours, it will display the [Instrument Tag] and count that meet the conditions

vyangliumsft_1-1649295873880.png

Please click here for the pbix file

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @peteru9067 ,

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create measure.

Measure =
COUNTX(ALLSELECTED('Table'),[Instrument Tag])

2. Open the bar chart, place [Instrument Tag] in Axis, [ Bypass >72] and [measure] in Value.

vyangliumsft_0-1649295873876.png

3. Result:

Set through Filter > 24 hours, 72 hours, 96 hours, it will display the [Instrument Tag] and count that meet the conditions

vyangliumsft_1-1649295873880.png

Please click here for the pbix file

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

hnguy71
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @peteru9067 ,

That's because you're looking for the count of times in which the bypass is above 200. In your visual, the count is actually only 2 (1062A and 1063A).

Instead, what you need to do is filter for the value where [Bypass > 72 Hours] > 200

Did I answer your question?
Please help by clicking the thumbs up button and mark my post as a solution!

Thanks a lot...... I knew this was the issue but I dont know how to use the filter panel to get the where the bypass is greater than certain numbers........ I need it to be dynamic such that I can filter by >24hrs, 72 hrs, 96 hrs and display that on different Bar Graphs for stakeholders.

I tried writing a measure which will filter the table by Capsule End = to blank, then performing the date/time difference but having challenges with that. If I can have the Measure built then I can now use that in my filter panel. Many Many thanks @hnguy71 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.