Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

wingsted93
Frequent Visitor

Filter line chart without changing data

I have made a line chart to show active users over time. The values stems from a measure which is summing up the number of registrations minus the number of cancellations:

running total of active users =
CALCULATE(
    [Active users],
    FILTER(
        ALLSELECTED('Kalender'[Date]),
        ISONORAFTER('Kalender'[Date], MAX(Kalender[Date]), DESC)
    )
)

The 'Active users' measure is simply adding the number of regristrations and subtracting the number of cancellations. And the values i use in my line chart is, as the name implies, a running total of that number. 

My line chart is working and showing data on a monthly basis. However, I want to only show data for 6 months back. A simple filter on the chart will change the values. I need a way to filter the X axis without changing data. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @wingsted93 ,

In your measure, replace ALLSELECTED with ALL in that case and check if that works.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @wingsted93 ,

Click on your line chart and got to visual level filters and apply filter on the column that is used on the x-axis.

Consider the following visual where I have got SALES by MONTH-YEAR:

Pragati11_0-1611759122552.png

Now suppose if I just want data to be shown for last 6 months, then apply visual level filter on Date column using Relative Filtering option:

Pragati11_1-1611759222545.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @Pragati11 ,

I have aready tried that, but the values are only true if the calculations are made on the entire dataset, and when i filter the way you propose, i get wrong values on the line chart, as it calculates the difference in user registrations vs user cancellations. I need a way to filter without the measure "knowing" about it.

Hi @wingsted93 ,

In your measure, replace ALLSELECTED with ALL in that case and check if that works.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.