Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Filter like Smart Filter, but that can sync across pages?

Since a recent update to Power BI, we can now set filters to apply to multiple pages (yay).  But, one of the easiest filters to use is an add on - Smart Filter.  With that one you can type in what you want to filter by.  Great. 

But, it can't sync across pages. 

Are there any similar filters that can?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Not the same, but you can add a search to text slicers and that would work with the synced slicers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Not the same, but you can add a search to text slicers and that would work with the synced slicers

Can you explain this to me? I am new. 

I am using Smart Filter by OKViz on one page. I would like the values that it selects to apply to multiple pages. 

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Don't use Smart Filter.  It can't sync between pages. 

Instead, use the built-in filter's search mode.  Example of selecting it

Example 1.jpg

Once you select the 'Search' option, the built-in filter becames very simlar to the Smart Filter:

Example 2.JPG

And since it's the built-in filter - the filters can be synced across multiple pages. 

If you don't know how to do that with the built-in filter - the fastest way is just take a filter, copy it, and paste to another page.  A dialogue will come up automatically asking you if you want to sync the filter. 

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

OK, so as long as one has the built-in slicer in list mode (vs dropdown mode), then that option is right there.  Never saw that...and I think that might be perfect,  thanks!

Edit:  And if you leave it in Search mode, that even persists when you push it to a dashboard.  So you don't even need to 'train' people to select the search option.  That's crazy I never noticed that option. 

Great. Glad it works for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.