Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bnjmnnl
Frequent Visitor

Filter exclude

Hello all, 

I'm facing an issue to have my filter correct: Data is shown as following:

type
all

When making a slicer to filter for different types it will exclude all when a value other than all is selected. However I want to have the slicer to show values for the all types also when something other than all is selected so that the user won't have to allways select the all type when filtering data. 

If you need more info feel free to ask! Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Now I think I get your idea.
I will create a measure like this:
SUM( Your column cost ) + CALCULATE ( SUM( Your column cost ) , FILTER ( Your table, Your column cost = "TypeAll")
That way you always have the cost of each type plus the all cost typeAll.
On the slicer I would hide the typeAll for not duplicate values if the user select TypeAll.

This is solve your problem?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are welcome.

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
_AAndrade
Super User
Super User

Thanks for your explanation, but it's still hard for me to think of a solution without seeing the data and how it relates or without a concrete example of what you have now and the end result you want.

If you can, read this article, which is a good summary of what you need to do to be able to help more effectively.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

I will try to explain as much as possible:

I'm building on a new way to visualize costs based on a scenario. Let's say there is a ID that holds to following data:
ID | Provider | Location 1 | Location 2 | Type | cost_amount 

The provider is the company arranging the transport and the ID is the contract holding this information. In this contract there are cost types with their price, that may differ based on the container size. Like I said, the cleaning costs can be based on this size, also the transport price can be based on the size. However some costs, like handling, are not effected by the size. When filtering through scenarios, we select the size of the container, the weight, the locations to have the report show the ID/contracts that may arrange the selected transport. Currently when I put lets say type35 in the transport it will exlude the costs that are for all types, because this is labeled as TypeAll. I don't want to always have to select All but I want to have All allways selected. When the user selects type35 it also must show the costs with TypeAll. 

Now I think I get your idea.
I will create a measure like this:
SUM( Your column cost ) + CALCULATE ( SUM( Your column cost ) , FILTER ( Your table, Your column cost = "TypeAll")
That way you always have the cost of each type plus the all cost typeAll.
On the slicer I would hide the typeAll for not duplicate values if the user select TypeAll.

This is solve your problem?

Hi @bnjmnnl,

Did it solve your problem?
Did my message help you in any way? If it did, please mark my message as the solution and give it a "kudo", I'll appreciate it and help me out

_AAndrade
Super User
Super User

Please provide more information about your date. What values are in the Type column?
How is your model related?

The values in the type column are sizenames for containers. There are prices linked to those types, some prices are not only for one type but for all types (all value), for example:
Cleaning costs | type20 | 100$

Cleaning costs | type35 | 120$

Handling costs | typeAll | 30$

In this scenario, the 120$ costs for cleaning only counts for the 35 type. The handling costs are for all types en therefore adds to the 120$. 

In a report I want to arrange a filter section with multiple slicers to explain a situation and have all related costs shown but I don't want the user to always select "All" to have the costs shown. Does this explain enough?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.