Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sara_alonso
Helper I
Helper I

Filter column by minimum revenue

Hello, 

I have the following data of a store sales below (it is a simplification of my dataset). I would need to quantify how much of the total revenue of the store comes from tickets>200€, as a percentage of the total revenue. 

For that, I am trying to find out the revenue from tickets > 200€ but my formulas with Calculate and Filter aren't working. Could you please help me out?

Ticket numberProductProduct priceTicket  total
1Shirt100350
1Shirt100350
1Jeans150350
2Shirt100250
2Jeans150250
3Belt3030

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @sara_alonso ,

You can try to create one measure as below:

Measure = 
VAR t =
    SUMMARIZE (
        'Tickets',
        'Tickets'[Ticket number],
        "TicketNum", ALLSELECTED ( 'Tickets'[Ticket number] ),
        "Tickettotal", MAX ( 'Tickets'[Ticket  total])
    )
RETURN
    DIVIDE (
        SUMX ( FILTER ( t, [Tickettotal] > 200 ), [Tickettotal] ),
        SUMX ( ALL ( 'Tickets' ), 'Tickets'[Product price] )
    )

filter column by minimum revenue.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this

Revenue= sumx(filter(table,table[ticket total]>200),table[ticket total]-table[product price])

Thanks
Pravin

Many thanks for the suggestion @Anonymous , unfortunately the result is still not the correct one 😞 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sara_alonso, Try first, if it gives the wrong GT then use second. The second one uses the first one.

Revenue= calculate(sum(Table[Ticket total]), filter(Table,table[Ticket total]>200))

Revenue2= sumx(summarize(Table,Table[Ticket total],table[Product],"Revenue",[Revenue]),[Revenue])

Many thanks @amitchandak ,

The first one was what I was trying, but it doesn't work properly, as it sums several times the amount of the same ticket. When I try with the second formula you suggest, the result is the same. 

For example, in the case above, it sums 3 * 350, and 2 * 250, instead of just one per each ticket, so the final amount is incorrect. It needs to be grouped somehow so it only takes one amount per ticket. 

Any thoughts? Thanks again! 

@sara_alonso Ok can share you revenue formula

This single one should work. Just correct the multiplication in revenue and filter condition

Revenue2= sumx(summarize(filter(Table,Table[Ticket total],table[Product],"Revenue",sumx(Table,Table[price]*Table[Qty])),[Revenue]>200 ),[Revenue])

Many thanks @amitchandak , 

When I type the first part of the formula, and I arrive to table product, it states that Filter can only have 2 arguments. 

Revenue2= sumx(summarize(filter(Table,Table[Ticket total],table[Product],

On the other side, what is this parameter? Table[Qty] Is it a new measure I should calculate?

Hi @sara_alonso ,

You can try to create one measure as below:

Measure = 
VAR t =
    SUMMARIZE (
        'Tickets',
        'Tickets'[Ticket number],
        "TicketNum", ALLSELECTED ( 'Tickets'[Ticket number] ),
        "Tickettotal", MAX ( 'Tickets'[Ticket  total])
    )
RETURN
    DIVIDE (
        SUMX ( FILTER ( t, [Tickettotal] > 200 ), [Tickettotal] ),
        SUMX ( ALL ( 'Tickets' ), 'Tickets'[Product price] )
    )

filter column by minimum revenue.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yiruan-msft Sorry for the late reply, this worked perfectly, many thanks!!!

@sara_alonso 

Sorry my bad

Revenue2= sumx(filter(summarize(Table,Table[Ticket total],table[Product],"Revenue",sumx(Table,Table[price]*Table[Qty])),[Revenue]>200 ),[Revenue])

I am not sure on qty, Any product or number you want sum should be part of revenue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.