Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dmbd1904
Helper III
Helper III

Filter a Measure by the LastDate for a Category

Hi, I have a simple Matrix Below. The rows are 'Calendar'[Month] & 'Commercial Reviews'[SubmissionType].

I have a measure to return a Budget = CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Commercial Reviews'[WOL Margin %]),'Commercial Reviews'[SubmissionType]="Budget").

Where the Budget is blank I would like another Measure 'Budget Lookup' to return the last Budget value by Date. So for Instance April and MAY should return 25% but September should remain at 19.8%.

I've made start with the DAX measure and i've tried a few things to filter on the lastdate but can't get it to work.

Budget Lookup =
CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Commercial Reviews'[WOL Margin %]),ALL('Calendar'[Month]),'Commercial Reviews'[SubmissionType]="Budget")

SharedScreenshot.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dmbd1904 , You can try lastnonblankvalue . refer

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Finanical-Magic-to-continue-with-10-Recently...

If they are on the last date of the month - you can use closingbalancemonth 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=343509629992272

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@dmbd1904 ,

Modify your DAX like below:

Budget Lookup =
CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Commercial Reviews'[WOL Margin %]),FILTER(ALL('Calendar'[Month]),'Commercial Reviews'[SubmissionType]="Budget"))

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Hi @Tahreem24 , thanks for the respoinse. Unfortunately that returns the following error....

A single value for column 'SubmissionType' in table 'Commercial Reviews' cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula refers to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count, or sum to get a single result.

Also, would the measure need to use LastDate or similar in order to chose the latest budget values?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.