Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter Incidents of referenced month

Hi,

I have a dataset in Power BI with Incidents and I'm trying to find the downtime of incidents within a selected month. The dataset contains an opened_at date and a resolved_at date. I have already created the datediff measure and it works fine.

The tricky part I need some help with is:

Lets assume the selected Month is March 2023, I would need the incidents that were opened_at or resolved_at in March 2023. On top of that if any incident was resolved_at in March 2023 but the opened_at date is earlier then use 1st of March as opened_at date. Also if any incident was opened_at in March 2023 but was resolved later then March 2023 then use 31st of March as resolved_at date.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, i saw the files but still cannot match the formulas to my case.

Let me share an example of an Incident and how I want to track it:

Lets say we have an incident that was opened at 1/30/2023 and closed at 3/24/2023.

With the Month-Year slicer selected January-2023 I want to see 1 day as downtime (1 day in January).

With the Month-Year slicer selected February-2023 I want to see 28 days as downtime (full February month).

With the Month-Year slicer selected March-2023 I want to see 24 days as downtime (24 days in March).

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I think approach of current employee with small changes can work for you

Power BI: HR Analytics - Employees as on Date : https://youtu.be/e6Y-l_JtCq4
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend/ba-p/882970

Refer to file attached if needed

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.