Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter Incidents of referenced month

Hi,

I have a dataset in Power BI with Incidents and I'm trying to find the downtime of incidents within a selected month. The dataset contains an opened_at date and a resolved_at date. I have already created the datediff measure and it works fine.

The tricky part I need some help with is:

Lets assume the selected Month is March 2023, I would need the incidents that were opened_at or resolved_at in March 2023. On top of that if any incident was resolved_at in March 2023 but the opened_at date is earlier then use 1st of March as opened_at date. Also if any incident was opened_at in March 2023 but was resolved later then March 2023 then use 31st of March as resolved_at date.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, i saw the files but still cannot match the formulas to my case.

Let me share an example of an Incident and how I want to track it:

Lets say we have an incident that was opened at 1/30/2023 and closed at 3/24/2023.

With the Month-Year slicer selected January-2023 I want to see 1 day as downtime (1 day in January).

With the Month-Year slicer selected February-2023 I want to see 28 days as downtime (full February month).

With the Month-Year slicer selected March-2023 I want to see 24 days as downtime (24 days in March).

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I think approach of current employee with small changes can work for you

Power BI: HR Analytics - Employees as on Date : https://youtu.be/e6Y-l_JtCq4
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend/ba-p/882970

Refer to file attached if needed

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.