Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vikramkumawat
Frequent Visitor

Feedback Type: Frown (Error) Error Message: An error occurred while rendering the report.

Hello,

I was Trying to create a decomposition tree visual using a measure for Analyse and field parameter for explain by fields.

The visual is working fine when I click on the expanded bar. Like in the image below, when I click on the bar of the 'Open' status, it does not give any error. However, when I click on 'Closed,' there is an issue.

vikramkumawat_4-1715147591043.png

when i click on "Closed" which is not expanded I am getting bellow error:

vikramkumawat_5-1715147626132.png

This is the innitial part of error messege I copied to clipboard:

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
An error occurred while rendering the report.

Stack Trace:
Javascript:TypeError

at VisualQuery.getQueryRef (https://ms-pbi.pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:168228:133)

I tried the solution given in post : https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/an-error-occurred-while-rendering-the-report/m-p/1...

but It didn't worked for me.

Please help me to handle this error or guid me if I missed something.
Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vikramkumawat 

1.Based on the information, please check the data structure of your table, and if the relationship among the tables are right. 

2.Please check that if your measure is right.

If the following infoamation cannot solve it, please try to recreate the visual then try to expand it.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xinruzhu-msft ,

Thank You for the guidance. I tired the solution you provided, also I tried to use direct column of values instead of measure. tried to recreate the visual also, but it didn't work.

also there is only one table so there are no relationships.

actually when i am using the next expand field ("Tested" in my case) then only this issue occuring else when The Tested field is not available then I can click at any bar of "Status" categories. 
In my case I have created a field parameter of two category fields because I want only one of them at a time and that field will be further expended to another column called "Tested" 
is there any limitation that I can not use field parameters in decomposition tree visual ?

or anything else I need to do to solve it.

Thank You!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.