Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JillHenninger
Helper I
Helper I

Fair Share Calculation

Hi all.

I am trying to create a series of calculations using Dax, and I am stuck on a piece.

Context: First, I need to calc market share - how much is our account selling of a specific product within the entire geography. Then I would compare that to how much the total account sells in their geopgrahy (aka Fair Share). Then I calculate a gap between those two to see if the account is selling less or more than their share of the product.

Pieces: 

Market Share = 
var _numerator = CALCULATE(sum(Account[Dollars]))
var _denominator = [Total Market Dollars]
return DIVIDE(_numerator, _denominator)

Current "Fair Share" formula:

FairShare = CALCULATE([Market Share],ClientList[Client]="Total Departments")

Result:

image.png

The formula won't go down. Now, in this table, there is a duplication of the products listed below

image.png

I've also tried this version of the formula (the table is filtered using the Representation column):

FairShare = CALCULATE([Market Share],ALL(ClientList[Client]),ClientList[Client]="Total Departments",REMOVEFILTERS(Representation[Representation]))

Any ideas?? Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JillHenninger ,

Has your problem been solved? 

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Does this measure work?

FairShare = CALCULATE([Market Share],all(ClientList[Client]))

If it does not work, then share the link from where i can download your PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JillHenninger ,

Try the following formula:

Measure = 
SUMX(
    FILTER(
        ALLSELECTED(ClientList[Client]),
        ClientList[Client] = "Total Departments"
    ),
    [Market Share]
)

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you! Alas, that formula have me the exact same result (14.8%) as before and as before, only for the top row...

Hi @JillHenninger ,

Could you please share the relationship between the tables in the Model view?

In your Fair Share formula I see that you have restrictions on client

ClientList[Client]="Total Departments",

so the calculation result you want is consistent (14.8%)?

Best Regards,
Winniz

Sure - here is the model. TA and xAOC are the made data sources; the rest are mapping files.

My products are Total Departments (ie the total retailer), then Clients (ie manufacturers). The clients don't total up to the Total Departments; and Total Departments is a singular product pulled from our system. So, it will change as retailer and time period changes. But - I don't want it to change depending the product (row) displayed...

image.png

Hi @JillHenninger ,

If I understand correctly, the Client column in your matrix is the column of the Representation table. So you need to modify the measure to

FairShare = CALCULATE([Market Share], Representation[Client] = "Total Departments")

vkkfmsft_0-1626854787458.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.