Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Santoshgv2
Employee
Employee

Failed to load Power BI dashboard for SSAS Tabular Reports

Failed to load Power BI dashboard when we pinned visualizations from SSAS Tabular Instance.

Issue: Visualizations from SSAS Tabular source were pinned to a dashboard and the same dashboard is not loading for users who have access to dashboard.

None of the visuals which were pinned to dashboard using SSAS tabular cube are loading in dashboard. Neither the visual can be deleted nor it is edited for user.

Please help us here as it is impacting business.

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
HarrisMalik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi

Few questions to answer:

1. On which machine the Power BI analysis Services connector is running? Is that machine always on?

2. Users have access to dashboards but do they have same level of access on underlying SSAS Tabular model?

3. As developer/admin of the dashboard do you still see the visuals?

Regards

Harris

Hi Harris,

PFB my answers inline.

1. On which machine the Power BI analysis Services connector is running? Is that machine always on?

[Santosh] - Yes, the SSAS Power BI Analysis connector is up and running in the same machine on which the SSAS Tabular model is hosted.

2. Users have access to dashboards but do they have same level of access on underlying SSAS Tabular model?

[Santosh] -Yes, the users have same level of read access on dashboards as well as underlying SSAS Tabular model

3. As developer/admin of the dashboard do you still see the visuals?

[Santosh] -Yes, I am able to see the pinned in visuals on the dashboard perfectly whereas the users who access the same are unable to view.

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

Santosh

Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Santoshgv2

How did you provide access to the dashboards? Did you simply share them? Group workspace? Content pack?

If you did share the dashboards, please try the following:

- create a content pack with the dashboard and share it with one user in your organization

- let the user now check the dashboard ("imported" through the content pack).

By this we can deduce where the problem is occuring (user-based, way of sharing, ...).

Please let us know the results.

Hi Bjoern -

We have created Group workspace and added users to the group. We granted same level of access to users for Group Workspace and the underlying SSAS Tabular Model.

But still the issue persists.

And we have observed one more thing here, User who pins visuals to the newly created dashboard can able to view the visuals perfectly without any loading issue.

Whereas the other user who has access to the dashboard is facing loading issue.

P.S: The issue is only with dashboard.Once we drill through to the underlying report , we could see the visuals perfectly.

@Santoshgv2 Also try to use a different browser to test.

@HarrisMalik Tried that as well. No luck

Hi,

Not sure if you already mentioned that you tried this but did you add the users to the role in the cube giving them permissions in the cube itself?  

Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Santoshgv2 Have you tried to share the very same dashboard via content pack instead of "inviting users to take a look at it"? 

I want to rule out whether it is about the dashboard itself or the way of sharing it. I suppose you have encountered a bug there.

@Bjoern I have created content pack with dashboard and shared with one user in my organization.

I could see the user is still facing the loading issue for visuals in dashboard which are from SSAS Tabular model.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.