Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Extract Json into table

I am loading pretty complex json which is a sort of master/detail data. After executing the query I see this:

Markzolotoy_0-1615504688124.png

I can create a new query for each record, but the data is already been received, so can I just create new tables with these details without pulling it from the server again and again?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Markzolotoy 

From the Ribbon, on the Convert tab you should have the option to Convert to Table

totab2.png

Giving this

totab3.png

Filter out the top row

totab4.png

Now you can expand the Records all at once. or filter the Name column for just the ones you want.

totab5.png

I'm not sure what you mean by can I just create new tables with these details without pulling it from the server again and again?  

The way PQ/PBI works is that query resfreshes will go and get the latest data from the server.  

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@PhilipTreacy What I mean by creating new tables is that there is no need to pull data for each of it. All the data come down at once. Even if I create new tables from that data it looks like each table will have to get its own portion of data fro the server. Am I wrong?

Hi @Markzolotoy 

Each time you refresh the query/data all the data is pulled again.  That's the way PQ is designed to work.

regards

Phil

PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Markzolotoy 

From the Ribbon, on the Convert tab you should have the option to Convert to Table

totab2.png

Giving this

totab3.png

Filter out the top row

totab4.png

Now you can expand the Records all at once. or filter the Name column for just the ones you want.

totab5.png

I'm not sure what you mean by can I just create new tables with these details without pulling it from the server again and again?  

The way PQ/PBI works is that query resfreshes will go and get the latest data from the server.  

Regards

Phil

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.