Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

diskovered
Helper III
Helper III

Exporting theme

I have created a report with the way I want all future visuals to look like. Is there a way to export the current look and feel of this report into JSON for others to use?

I went looking into Report\StaticResources\SharedResources\BaseThemes but CY18SU04.json appears to be just the base theme and not the existing report theme.

Any idea how I can export existing report theme so I others can reuse?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Morgan_Williams
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hi @diskovered

This should now be possible by going to the ribbon in Power BI, selecting 'View', then selecting the themes dropdown and selecting 'Save current theme'. The themes will then export as a JSON file that you can use for future reports.

I also use the following resources when creating themes:

- Complete guide to Power BI themes

Color palette builder

Trending color palettes

Color picker

Hope that helps!

Morgan

Hi, Morgan!

Do you have any tips for what is the best way of distributing a custom company theme to 100+ users? 

Best regards,

Alisea

Hey @Alisea_MI 

I certainly do! Check out our Complete Guide to Power BI Themes + 12 Examples which goes through everything you need to know for creating your own custom theme.

In terms of actually distributing the theme to employees, I guess this will need to be encouraged by management and the theme easily accessible to all employees as a default option.

Hope that helps!

Cheers, Morgan

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @diskovered,

Based on my research, It is not possible to export the theme currently. There is an idea about that, you can vote it up.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.