Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

philbell

Export to PDF

I used to be able to export to PDF and after installing a new version around the end of last year I have noticed that it does not save to PDF any clues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PBIDAX
Frequent Visitor

@philbell none of the replies posted to date were helpful. Same issue as Phil. I uninstalled the latest version (Jan 2022) and reinstalled Dec-2021 update. That worked for me.

PBIDAX_0-1644976792222.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PBIDAX
Frequent Visitor

Just let everyone know this issue still persists with Feb 2022 release. Not sure why it's marked "Solved" if the solution is to use older installations. When is Microsoft addressing issue (properly)?

PBIDAX
Frequent Visitor

@philbell none of the replies posted to date were helpful. Same issue as Phil. I uninstalled the latest version (Jan 2022) and reinstalled Dec-2021 update. That worked for me.

PBIDAX_0-1644976792222.png

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @philbell ,

For this statement seems to be a little less understood, I did the relevant test in the latest version of this version, there is no exception.

vhenrykmstf_0-1644302011079.png

Can you provide the relevant screenshots of the operation page and other information, so that I can answer you as soon as possible. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

@v-henryk-mstf  I'm using Power BI Desktop .exe installer for monthly updates. I think for Jan/Feb 2022 updates, WebView2 has been missing and "Export to PDF" option is greyed-out. The temporary workaround is to uninstall PBI and install Dec 2021. I think this might be same issue with Phil.

Can you please check if WebView2 is missing from Jan/Feb2022 updates?

Thanks again

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@philbell So do you see this when you go to File | Export?

Greg_Deckler_0-1643814559768.png

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Greg

yes but it creates a file but the save button is greyed out 

Kind Regards

Phil

@philbell You have to use File | Save As in Adobe. It creates a temporary file with the name of your PBIX file and .pdf. If you don't edit the PDF then the there is no reason to save changes so Adobe doesn't give you that option. So, use Save As to save the file to a location of your choosing.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@philbell not sure which version you are using, can you download the most recent one (Dec, 2021)

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

Check my latest video on Filters and Sparklines https://youtu.be/wmwcX8HvNxc

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi 

I have downloaded and installed the December version

Kind Regards

Phil

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.