Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export issues

Hi Folks, I developed one of the report filtered TOP 50 records in the report but when i export into excel it's displaying 58 records, how to overcome to show only 50 records instead of 58 records. 

7 REPLIES 7
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

I'd like to suggest you create two measures and a what-if parameter. I created data to reproduce your scenario.

Table:

b1.png

b2.png

You may create two measures as below.

Rank = 
RANKX(
    ALL('Table'),
    CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Score]))
)

Isdisplay = 
IF(
    [Rank]<=SELECTEDVALUE(Parameter[Parameter]),
)

Then you need to put 'Isdisplay' in the visual level filter to display the result.

b3.png

b4.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, what if parameter is working but since my source is tabular model so i can't create . Come to the measure point how can we  pass multiple parameters and always display the value is zero if i click on item under parameter it's not working.

Top 50ranks=RANKX(ALL('Fact Data'),CALCULATE([Paid Amount])
isdisplay = IF([Top 50ranks]<=VALUE(SELECTEDVALUE('Business Unit'[Business Unit ])),1,0)
2.PNG

Hi, @Anonymous 

You may try to replace 'SELECTEDVALUE('Business Unit'[Business Unit ])' with an equivalent expression as below.

var _businessunit = 
IF(
     HASONEVALUE('Business Unit'[Business Unit ]), 
     VALUES('Business Unit'[Business Unit ])
)

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous Is there Ties in the data when yo usee Top 50?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes we have

@Anonymous I think because of ties you get more rows, you have to use RANK function and break ties, read more here how you can do that.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.