Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to exclude certain row values in dax measure?

Hi,

I need to make a measure that includes all rows in a specific column except 2 specific rows or names.

formula:

LTD Revenue Index vs Budget = CALCULATE(DIVIDE([LTD Rev. Acc. without blanks],[LTD Budget without blanks],BLANK())*100,

this below dont work:
ALLEXCEPT('Append table','Append table'[Country]="Canada", "Brazil"))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TestMeasure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table1'[Sales Actual]), Table1[Country] <> "Canada" , Table1[Country] <> "Brazil")

is one way to do it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
affan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you please share some data

Regards

Affan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table1  
CountrySales ActualSales Budget
Denmark150154
Canada13983
USA200165
Brazil3040
France8090

Could be something like this.

Then if i sum this i get 599 in sales actual and sales budget 532

but if i want to sum this in a measure while filtering out Brazil and Canada, how can i do this?

it has to be in a dax measure and not using the report, page or visual filter pane.

Sales Actual = Calculate(sum(table1,Sales Actual), FILTER.... exclude Brazil and Canada....

TestMeasure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table1'[Sales Actual]), Table1[Country] <> "Canada" , Table1[Country] <> "Brazil")

is one way to do it.

I'm trying to do the same thing. I don't have to sum, I just neeed to exclude 2 values without using the sum function. What would be the syntax for that? @HotChilli 

All DAX measures have an aggregation of some type e.g. SUM, MIN

If you are just trying to restrict table entries in a visual you can probably use the filter pane or a slicer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.