Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Georgia_H
Helper I
Helper I

Export data - Incomplete records

Hi, i need help here. I have a table with 3121 records. When i exported into .csv, only 1698 records were exported.

I have seen other people posting the same issue, but no solution thus far. Is this a bug? Please help 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Georgia_H ,

In the filter, we see that the D status has 3 rows of data, but only one row of data is displayed in the visual after aggregation.

vkkfmsft_0-1627018119991.png

In this case, if we choose to export the summarized data, there will be only 1 row. If we choose the underlying data, the 3 rows of data that are not aggregated will be exported. So you need to choose the type of data exported to "Summarized data and Underlying data".

vkkfmsft_1-1627018444119.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing the same issue, Not able to export the total records. Is there any possible solution? Can we use DAX studio as external tool and export all the records?

Georgia_H
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Winniz for the kind reply. Yes, now I managed to export the records fully. Once again, many thanks for your help and advice. Cheers

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Georgia_H , Is the visual table has that may row? because the visual table always group data. And ideally, that should get exported. But if you are looking for raw data that you can do from power bi service if this option is enabled

power-bi-export-data5

Hi Amitchandak,

Thanks for the reply. As you can see, it's showing 3121 records. However when i exported out, it became 1698 instead. I dont know where went wrong. Yes, i exported from Power BI Service and Desktop also giving the same problem. Please advise.

Capture.JPG

Hi @Georgia_H ,

In the filter, we see that the D status has 3 rows of data, but only one row of data is displayed in the visual after aggregation.

vkkfmsft_0-1627018119991.png

In this case, if we choose to export the summarized data, there will be only 1 row. If we choose the underlying data, the 3 rows of data that are not aggregated will be exported. So you need to choose the type of data exported to "Summarized data and Underlying data".

vkkfmsft_1-1627018444119.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.