Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ptkhoa2110
Helper II
Helper II

Export 'Show all rows' in visual Matrix

Dear All,

I create table Matrix like this.

ptkhoa2110_0-1601447949985.png

When I export data in excel like this (It not same to visual report)

ptkhoa2110_1-1601448041439.png

How can I export data like visual Matrix or how to convert excel like visual Matrix 

Many Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ptkhoa2110,

AFAIK, export feature only works to access the visual data and export the corresponding records, it not able to keep the raw visual design and layouts.

Export the data that was used to create a visualization 

The only way I know that used to export with report/visual style is print features, but these visualizations will convert as images and not respond with interactions.

If you only want to keep live data to use out of power bi, you can consider using 'analyze in excel' feature, it able to do live data analysis from power bi service: (you need to publish your report to power bi service first)

Analyze in Excel 

BTW, power bi is possible to import data from an excel workbook with exited contents but it seem not able to do reverse operations from power bi, maybe you can submit an idea for this requirement.

Import Excel workbooks into Power BI Desktop 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ptkhoa2110 , You have the option to get Summarize data. But I think that will only work in power bi service

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data

Dear @amitchandak ,

I try to export Summarize data in PowerBI Services, but in Excel file not same to Visual.

My desiderate is 'landscape' data like visual and not like 'portrait' in excel.

Many thanks.

@ptkhoa2110 , If you looking for formatting or display. I doubt that. This data export. You can get that Image but might not serve the purpose

Dear @amitchandak ,

Yup, I also think this is only export data basically . Maybe I will process data in Excel file for same to visual.

Thanks.

Hi @ptkhoa2110,

AFAIK, export feature only works to access the visual data and export the corresponding records, it not able to keep the raw visual design and layouts.

Export the data that was used to create a visualization 

The only way I know that used to export with report/visual style is print features, but these visualizations will convert as images and not respond with interactions.

If you only want to keep live data to use out of power bi, you can consider using 'analyze in excel' feature, it able to do live data analysis from power bi service: (you need to publish your report to power bi service first)

Analyze in Excel 

BTW, power bi is possible to import data from an excel workbook with exited contents but it seem not able to do reverse operations from power bi, maybe you can submit an idea for this requirement.

Import Excel workbooks into Power BI Desktop 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.