Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Pkerigan
Frequent Visitor

Export Filtered Visuals to PDF

Hi-  I have 5 pages of financial data.  Each page is a visual, with table and 3-4 filters based on financial result the end user wants to see

For example:

Page 1: Return on Revenue:  5 years of data shown in a visual along with a basic table

Filtered results for same 5 years (Total Expenses, Total Revenue etc)

Page 2: Productivity: Same approach with 2-3 filters

Page 3: Bad Debt Service: Same approach with 2-3 filters

My limited knowledge, I can export clean all the Pages to PDF-  but I only get the selected filter values for each page.

Is there a way to produce all filtered results (each filtered results being a separate pdf page) with an easy export process?

I'm seeing various options from power automate to using BI Helper external tool.  Wasn't sure if there wasn an updated approach someone could help me with.

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Pkerigan
Frequent Visitor

Hi Amit-   Would you be able to take a look at this?  Thanks!!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Pkerigan , first try to import the pdf using power bi's pdf connector. post that you should have a table with all the columns which can be used as slicers and filters in power bi visuals.

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

Hey!   Thanks for responding. 

Here is a snap shot:

Pkerigan_0-1683117979755.png

My ideal PDF export from BI is to have each of the filters (Amortization, Expenses, Revenue) results for this page showing on separate pdf pages in the export.   Right now, when I export all pages to PDF, the visual for each page only shows the filtered results I've selected on that page.

We have some end users who don't want to play around in BI, and just want (in this case) 30 pages of PDF they can review.

Hope that makes sense-  any help would be great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.