Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Landcrab
Helper I
Helper I

Expanding JSON columns not working correctly

Hi there,

I have data in a column which I apply the transformation to JSON for in the Query Editor, consisting of 10+ columns,  so far so good.

Thereafter I expand the heading (AuditNew) to show the columns without pressing 'Load more' columns I hit OK, doing this will only load the 10 first columns in to Query Editor, not all of the 10+ columns that the data consists of.

Whereas if I press 'Load more' to display ALL columns and then hit 'OK' - it loads all of the columns in to Query Editor. So it seems if I dont press 'Load more' it does a TOP 10 columns and removes all other columns from being loaded. That doesnt seem right to me?? Shouldn't it load all columns if 'Select All Columns' is ticked??? 😞  

Sorry, cannot provide sample data in this case, it's more of an observation of what I think is a bug in Query Editor rather than anything else.

PBI_Json_doesntWork.png

PBI_Json_Works.png

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I think this Edit Query/Transform data mode. This will show you limited values. But You can filter and find more values. What is that you want to achieve by searching

Yes, I can see all of the columns and know how to get around it, what I am saying is this appears to be a bug in query editor since it only loads the TOP 10 columns into the model unless you hit 'Load more' when expending JSON obejct. 

Transform column in to JSON > Expand columns from transformed JSON, it then says 'List may be incomplete' and you can 'Load more' > if you DO NOT 'Load more' you only get the TOP 10 columns expanded and therefore loaded in to the model when you hit 'Close & Apply'

That is wrong since it at the top 'Select All columns' is ticked - it SHOULD expand ALL columns in to the model without you having to click 'Load more'

Makes sense?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.