Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

charvee21

Every month Power BI releases new updates. But what are the major released versions of Power BI?

3 REPLIES 3
olgad
Super User
Super User

@charvee21 Could you please kindly accept my answer as solution? Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
PROUD TO BE A SUPER USER!
Best Stories, Interesting Cases: PowerBI Storytime Newsletter
Linkedin Profile: Linkedin
YouTube Channel: PowerBI Storytime
charvee21

Thanks!

olgad
Super User
Super User

There is no such thing as major release, just the additions/ updates/changes that you consider to be important for your organisation.

For example, the new Visualisation Pane was added as preview in November 2021 and then replaced the old one completely in Feb 2022, so, it is an important change. 
Then in May 2022 the field parameters were introduced, for many companies it was a long awaited event. 

In December 2022 the window functions came out, quite a big deal, March 2023 were a lot of cool additions like on object changes etc. 
So, based on your requirements and priorities you have to upgrade from one to another version. 

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
PROUD TO BE A SUPER USER!
Best Stories, Interesting Cases: PowerBI Storytime Newsletter
Linkedin Profile: Linkedin
YouTube Channel: PowerBI Storytime

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.