Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

amulder
Helper I
Helper I

Evaluate Time

Hi,

I am trying to evaluate a time value in a query with a calculated column.  I have 2 columns; Login Polling Interval and Logout Polling Interval.  If the record is considered logged in at 0600 then I want a 1 in the column.  If the record is considered logged out at 0600 then I want a 0 in the column.  The Login and Logout values are in 24 hour clock and can span days.  So for example the first record logged in at 20:18 and stayed logged in until 06:45 the next morning. So in this record the 0600 column should have a 1 because it was logged in at 0600.

I don't care about the spanning of days, I'm just looking for an evaluation of the 0600 time block.  This is what my formula currently is but it is not working:

0600 = IF([LOGIN_TIME]=BLANK(),BLANK(),IF([Login Polling Interval]<=TIMEVALUE("06:00")&&[Logout Polling Interval]>=TIMEVALUE("06:00"),1,0))

Interval.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amulder,

I made one sample for your reference.

0600 =
IF (
    ISBLANK ( Table1[LOGIN_TIME] ),
    BLANK (),
    IF (
        Table1[Login Polling Interval] > Table1[Logout Polling Interval]
            && TIMEVALUE ( "06:00" ) < Table1[Logout Polling Interval],
        IF (
            [Login Polling Interval] <= TIMEVALUE ( "06:00" )
                && [Logout Polling Interval] >= TIMEVALUE ( "06:00" ),
        )
    )
)

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @amulder,

I made one sample for your reference.

0600 =
IF (
    ISBLANK ( Table1[LOGIN_TIME] ),
    BLANK (),
    IF (
        Table1[Login Polling Interval] > Table1[Logout Polling Interval]
            && TIMEVALUE ( "06:00" ) < Table1[Logout Polling Interval],
        IF (
            [Login Polling Interval] <= TIMEVALUE ( "06:00" )
                && [Logout Polling Interval] >= TIMEVALUE ( "06:00" ),
        )
    )
)

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @amulder,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, you can easily create conditional column based on Login_hrs, Login_min, Login_AMPM and Logout_hrs. Below is the formula:

0600 =  VAR Login_Hr = VALUE(LEFT(Table1[Login],SEARCH(":",Table1[Login])-1)) RETURN
             VAR Login_Min = VALUE(MID(Table1[Login],SEARCH(":",Table1[Login])+1,2)) RETURN
             VAR Login_AMPM = MID(Table1[Login],SEARCH(":",Table1[Login])+1,2) RETURN
             VAR Logout_Hr = VALUE(LEFT(Table1[Logout],SEARCH(":",Table1[Logout])-1)) RETURN
             VAR Logout_Min = VALUE(MID(Table1[Logout],SEARCH(":",Table1[Logout])+1,2)) RETURN

IF(OR(OR(
                             AND(Login_Hr <6, Login_AMPM = "AM"),
                             AND(AND(Login_Hr =6, Login_Min = 0),Login_AMPM ="AM")),
                OR(
                             Logout_Hr >6,
                             AND(Logout_Hr =6,Logout_Min >0))),
                1,0)

Capture.PNG

The SEARCH function is failing saying it cannot find ":".  The Login time is drawn from a calculated column in which it is formatted with ":", not manually typed in.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.