Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

lucas_wolff
Regular Visitor

Error when using Power BI dataset with another datasources

I have a dashboard that connects to multiple datasets: csv files, snowflake and Power BI dataset (a dataset created by another person in my organization that has some data I would like to use).

The problem is that I cannot publish them together. In Power BI desktop is working normally. When I publish the dashboard without the Power BI dataset, it works. When I publish only the Power BI dataset, it also works. But when I try to combine both (one page using each data) it doesn't work and give me this error:

The data source File is missing credentials. Ask the dataset owner ****** to update the credentials. When I click on File, it goes to the main page. And I also have admin access to that. But I cound't find any option to enable that. 

I also tried adding my credentials in Data Souce Settings >> DirectQuery to AS, but no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lucas_wolff ,

According to your statement, I think you are trying to use composite models in your report.

• Composite models: Allows a report to have two or more data connections from different source groups. These source groups can be one or more DirectQuery connections and an import connection, two or more DirectQuery connections, or any combination thereof. This article describes composite models in detail.

1. Calculated tables aren't supported in the Power BI service using this feature.

See the Working with a composite model based on a semantic model section in this article for more information.

Calculated tables aren't supported in the Service using this feature. Attempting to perform a refresh on a semantic model with a calculated table or a calculated column that references a DirectQuery data source will result in a "Single sign-on (SSO) credential isn't provided" error message.

2. I suggest you to check whether your tenant has turned this feature on. If not, you couldn't use this feature in Power BI Service.

vrzhoumsft_0-1709868772611.png

For reference: Use composite models in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lucas_wolff ,

According to your statement, I think you are trying to use composite models in your report.

• Composite models: Allows a report to have two or more data connections from different source groups. These source groups can be one or more DirectQuery connections and an import connection, two or more DirectQuery connections, or any combination thereof. This article describes composite models in detail.

1. Calculated tables aren't supported in the Power BI service using this feature.

See the Working with a composite model based on a semantic model section in this article for more information.

Calculated tables aren't supported in the Service using this feature. Attempting to perform a refresh on a semantic model with a calculated table or a calculated column that references a DirectQuery data source will result in a "Single sign-on (SSO) credential isn't provided" error message.

2. I suggest you to check whether your tenant has turned this feature on. If not, you couldn't use this feature in Power BI Service.

vrzhoumsft_0-1709868772611.png

For reference: Use composite models in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.