Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

infantpowerbi
Helper II
Helper II

Error on unpivot the data for selected columns in edit query

Dear All,

I am infant to Power BI and my data is in below format.

Company Q2 FY 2018  Q3 FY 2018  Q4 FY 2018  Q1 FY 2019  Q2 FY 2019  Q3 FY 2019

X                    0                   0                  0                  0                  0                   0
Y                    0                   0                  0                  0                  0                   0 
Z                    1                   2                  0                  4                  5                   0   
All                  0                   1                  3                  4                  2                   5 

And when I unpiviot for selected columns(Q2 FY 2018  Q3 FY 2018,Q4 FY 2018 , Q1 FY 2019 , Q2 FY 2019 , Q3 FY 2019) in Edit Query I get the below error . Can any one please help in knowing what's the issue and how can I solve it
ErrorError

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @infantpowerbi ,

The error pops up because Power BI will automatically create relationships. You could change it to many-to-one between MYT and Mytable. Or you could delete the relationship.

8.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @infantpowerbi ,

The error pops up because Power BI will automatically create relationships. You could change it to many-to-one between MYT and Mytable. Or you could delete the relationship.

8.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

To fix this issue in Relationships by changing the Cardinality to 'Many to One'. 

If still not able to fix the issue please share the PBIX file to fix the error. 

Note: If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Jagdesh,

Tq for your kind and gentlesupport,Please find the below link and you can find the table MYT in dataset
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rp3zlge0rx64x/

Tq and regards,

Siddiq.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Siddiq,

please Share your Daashboard.xlsx as well as i am not able to load the data from Power BI.

Regards,

jagadesh.M

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Siddiq,

Please give some shared link to upload the PBIX file. 

Regards,

Jagadesh.M

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.