Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gunter

Error getting value from 'Location' on 'Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.GraphService.CloudOdspPbixF

I opened a PowerBI file on the PowerBI Desktop (Version: 2.123.742.0 64-bit (2023年11月)) that worked fine before. I can still load the .pbix file and also refresh its data (using OData and Excel). However, I can't save or publish it. Saving leads to the error

Error getting value from 'Location' on 'Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.GraphService.CloudOdspPbixF

Publishing it leads to:

Illegal characters in path.

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

can you save it as another file?  are you saying you can't save it to your desktop?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

No, I can't save it anywhere, it always errors - publishing with the first, saving with the second error. The dashboard itself shows in in BI Desktop app and I can also refresh the data from the sources. I tried "Save" and "Save as" and nothing works.

it does seem like it could be a  bug, have you tried to uninstall and reinsall?  if not contact microsoft support  https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

i would also maybe clear your cache

If it is the report itself, then go to File-Options and Settings - Options , Under Global, select Data Load and select "clear cache" under "Data Cache Management Options" and select "clear cache" under "Q&A Cache Options" and select "clear cache" under "FOlded Artifacts Cache Options".  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.