Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Gunter

Error getting value from 'Location' on 'Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.GraphService.CloudOdspPbixF

I opened a PowerBI file on the PowerBI Desktop (Version: 2.123.742.0 64-bit (2023年11月)) that worked fine before. I can still load the .pbix file and also refresh its data (using OData and Excel). However, I can't save or publish it. Saving leads to the error

Error getting value from 'Location' on 'Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.GraphService.CloudOdspPbixF

Publishing it leads to:

Illegal characters in path.

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

can you save it as another file?  are you saying you can't save it to your desktop?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

No, I can't save it anywhere, it always errors - publishing with the first, saving with the second error. The dashboard itself shows in in BI Desktop app and I can also refresh the data from the sources. I tried "Save" and "Save as" and nothing works.

it does seem like it could be a  bug, have you tried to uninstall and reinsall?  if not contact microsoft support  https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

i would also maybe clear your cache

If it is the report itself, then go to File-Options and Settings - Options , Under Global, select Data Load and select "clear cache" under "Data Cache Management Options" and select "clear cache" under "Q&A Cache Options" and select "clear cache" under "FOlded Artifacts Cache Options".  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.