Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

unknown_anony
Helper I
Helper I

Error While sorting a date column with Yearmonth

Hello
I am unable to sort the date column with the Yearmonth Custom column. getting this below error. 

unknown_anony_0-1707321932499.png

Please Suggest 
Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hi! In order to sort Approved Date, you will need a column that has the same value for monthyear. In your data YearMonthNo has different values for each row. So, for Jan 22 of approved date you would need a column that signifies that this is 1 (for example, you could make a column that has 1/1/2022 for everything that is Jan 22, 2/1/2022 for everything that is Feb 22, etc.). 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
unknown_anony
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you

Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

@unknown_anony 

you need to create a column where the each value in approveddate have one and only value in the order column ,

and 1 value in the order column is to one a only one value of the approved date 

ex : 

col1       order

jan 22      1 

jan 22      1

jan 22      1

feb 22      2

feb22      2 

i would suggest you create this column in power query . 

hope this helps 

If my answer helped sort things out for you, i would appreciate a thumbs up 👍 and mark it as the solution
It makes a difference and might help someone else too. Thanks for spreading the good vibes! 🤠

audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hi! In order to sort Approved Date, you will need a column that has the same value for monthyear. In your data YearMonthNo has different values for each row. So, for Jan 22 of approved date you would need a column that signifies that this is 1 (for example, you could make a column that has 1/1/2022 for everything that is Jan 22, 2/1/2022 for everything that is Feb 22, etc.). 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.