Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cody99
Helper II
Helper II

Empty table visual cus one of the columns miss data?

So i have a table visual that sums up "this months sales" from one "database", and shows phonecalls from an other "database" via an mesure.
But if the particular day has no phonecalls, the mesure column with phone calls dosen have any data, and the whole table is empty.

How do i get the other columns to show data in a visual, even if one of the colums thas should show a mesure is empty?

ive tried "show ithems with no data" in a few ways, but that only works on data and not the mesure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your help.
I just managed to solve it with creating  a new date table and dimension table and making new dependencies.
it works better when you do it right i guess 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cody99 ,

Is there any blank value in the field [Sales Executive ID1] and [Sales Executive ID2]? In order to provide you a suitable solution shortly, could you please provide more raw data in your table 'CALLS ISE MTD Email' (exclude sensitive data) with Text format, the Fields setting of your visual and your expected result with backend logic and special examples? By the way, please provide some sample data and relationship info if it involves multiple tables. It would be helpful to find out the solution. You can refer the following links to share the required info:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

And It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks ill try to do better:

I have three data sets:
Dependencys are a salesnumber and Dates.
If one of the data sets (in this case calls) dont have any data on a date that im lokking at for instance month or week. Every other column dosent show data.
I have the date in the filter like this, filtered on "this month":

Cody99_0-1680760856174.png

Hi @Cody99 ,

It seems the visual involveds the data from multiple tables. Are the fields on the Filters pane from different tables? Could you you please provide some raw data in these datasets (exclude sensitive data) with Text format, the Fields setting of your visual and your expected result with backend logic and special examples? It would be helpful to find out the solution. You can refer the following links to share the required info:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

And It is better if you can share a simplified pbix file. You can refer the following link to upload the file to the community. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for trying to help me, i just dont know how to provide all the data, and or pbix files, its just to tedius to exclude sensitive data and what not. (ive looked at the links you provided)
So i realize it will be hard to help me then.

The data is from several data sets yes.
and filters are from several data sets as well.

Hi @Cody99 ,

Since there are multiple tables involved in your model, does any relationship created among these tables? What's the base field if there is the relationship between two tables? 

In addition, could you please try to remove these filters from Filters pane one by one to see if that visual can display some data?

vyiruanmsft_0-1681193072326.png

I suspect that the visual was not be able to display data due to filter conditions or relationships created between tables... Whether it is possible to make some fake data to create a sample pbix file and share it with me? The pbix file only can "explain" the tables, relationship and filtes, that's ok. Thank you.

Best Regards

Thank you for your help.
I just managed to solve it with creating  a new date table and dimension table and making new dependencies.
it works better when you do it right i guess 🙂

Cody99
Helper II
Helper II

I got a bit forward.
I added + 0 to that mesure that added up calls, and now i got that data to show as 0 in the table visual, 
Like this:

Calls = CALCULATE(
COUNT('CALLS ISE MTD Email'[Sales Executive ID1] )) + COUNT('CALLS ISE MTD Email'[Sales Executive ID2]) + 0

But i dont see the other columns data now, that i know has data.
Cody99_0-1680600593700.png

I think i can have something to do with filters.
I have 3 date elements in the filters pane, all filtered on "this month."
One date filter for every "database" i get data from.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.