Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embed Report to SharePoint

Hi,

I have successfully created a report in Power BI desktop and published to the web version. There I have accessed my report and chosen to "Embed in SharePoint Online". Then I go to SharePoint and am able to successfully view my report and interact with it through SharePoint. However, anybody else that I have shared the page with just gets a flashing Power BI logo. 

I have even tested with another user who has access to the report in Power BI. He was able to embed the report on the same SharePoint page and was able to see, but then I wasn't able. It appears as if only the person that was able to embed the report can then view it. 

Can anyone solve this issue here? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the issue. I was publishing to a different workspace that wasn't the workspace that was created for the sharepoint. Or at least, when I did publish from Power BI Desktop to the sharepoint workspace, it worked then. Maybe my first workspace was bugged. Anyway, it has been resolved. Thank you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue, but with additional troubles.

I have access to a sharepoint folder, where i´ve been posting the links to the reports, the links where created on the "embed on a sharepoint online" option.

When ANYBODY (me included) tries to open the reports, they get the pulsating watermarked logo...

My organisation won´t allow users to create new workspaces, so Posting the reports to a new one is not an option... anybody has a possible fix?

Thanks.

>>> When ANYBODY (me included) tries to open the reports, they get the pulsating watermarked logo...

I have exactly the same problem, have you had any luck getting it sorted?

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

A user must have access to both the SharePoint Online site as well as the Power BI Report to view the report.  In other words, the user must have access to the report if they were to navigate to it in the Power BI service. Embedding the report in SharePoint Online does not automatically grant access to the report to all users. To ensure your users have access, either place the reports you’re embedding in SharePoint Online into a group or share them with all the right people through dashboard. Besides, all report viewers should have a Power BI Pro license.

Please go through this blog: Integrate Power BI reports in SharePoint Online

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the issue. I was publishing to a different workspace that wasn't the workspace that was created for the sharepoint. Or at least, when I did publish from Power BI Desktop to the sharepoint workspace, it worked then. Maybe my first workspace was bugged. Anyway, it has been resolved. Thank you.

I have the same issue, it seems that only the one who does the embedding can see the report, other can't. We all have pro license, and can see on the PowerBI Service, 

I am not sure what you mean by SharePoint workspace, how does the workspace affect this?

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

What licensing have you purchased for your business?  Are you a Pro License?  Is the person viewing your report also Pro?  If neither of you are Pro, are you using Premium instead, or perhaps the Power BI Embedded subscription?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently under a Pro Trial Version as well is the other user

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.