Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Maheshguptaz
Helper II
Helper II

Ehs Insight Enterprise API Connection

Hi all,

I'm trying to find an API connection to integrate the EHS Insight application with Power BI Desktop. Any leads on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Nari1998
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, I'm also dealing with same and want to know how to connect it if or when the API is given. Is it through web or advanced editor or somehwere else and how?

Hi @Nari1998 ,

Please use Wed as a source to connect and for credentials, use Basic option. 

Username: 

password: API Key

I hope this helps!

Yes, that works, I need assistance with regard to power bi cloud service, I see credentials error there..

I have tried all options like Basic, anonymous etc. it does not work. Can you help how it can be updated through a schedule refresh.

Hi, I don't know if this would help. But i found to connect you need to check your API documentation of EHS which you can see in the Get Help Documentation part of your EHS system. Then you connect as anyonomous and then you place the link where url part is and where "add part" is you can add the code of data you want to retrieve.

Then you add the "header" as given below and next box to it you then add the generated API. 

InkedEHS connectie (1).jpg

It works in power bi desktop, but does not work when we schedule refresh in power bi cloud service. 

The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid. (Source at https://mycompany.ehsinsight.com/api/v4/entity/ManhourDetails/List.). The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: ManHoursDetails.Cluster URI:

hi @Maheshguptaz ,

Thank you for your response. Will try that.

And after that do you know how to clean the data because it will load as JSON format right?

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Maheshguptaz ,

For using an API as data source, you could refer to

Solved: How to use APIs as a data source? - Microsoft Power BI Community

Calling Power BI API using Power BI Desktop to document Power BI Service - Prathy's Blog...

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-stephen-msft ,

Thank you for your response. I'm aware of API uses, however, I'm looking for an API which would help me connect the EHS Insight application with PBI and I'm not unable to find the right one.

Any suggestions on this would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Mahesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.