Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

FilipeCarv
Frequent Visitor

Edit query on a power bi that is in mode Direct Query

I have my power bi created and it is in Direct mode, but now i need to edit the query to add some more info. 

I have seen some tutorials that i could tranform it to import mode but for some reason i dont have that option. 

FilipeCarv_0-1699286999955.png

When i go to transform data i dont have any information at all. 

FilipeCarv_1-1699287060585.png

I also tried to go to model View and in the advanced > storage mode and change it but for some reason is also blocked 

FilipeCarv_2-1699287406846.png

Is there any way that i could edit the query ? 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @FilipeCarv ,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your problem. Base on your description, it seems that you are trying to make some transformations for the data in Power Query Editor, but you can't do it due to it is with Direct Query mode. May I know which option you chose in the below screenshot when you downloaded the pbix file from Service? If you choose the first option and you connected the data source with Import mode in Power BI Desktop, then you can performance all operations in Power Query Editor....

Download a report from the Power BI service to Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyiruanmsft_0-1700109535254.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@FilipeCarv , Are you using Direct Query on Power BI Dataset, I doubt on that you will table in Power query

Hi, well i created the power bi using a import setting, but  for some reason when i download the file it comes whit the setting direct query. 

Thank you for your reply !

Hi @FilipeCarv ,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your problem. Base on your description, it seems that you are trying to make some transformations for the data in Power Query Editor, but you can't do it due to it is with Direct Query mode. May I know which option you chose in the below screenshot when you downloaded the pbix file from Service? If you choose the first option and you connected the data source with Import mode in Power BI Desktop, then you can performance all operations in Power Query Editor....

Download a report from the Power BI service to Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyiruanmsft_0-1700109535254.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.