Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Kr97

Dynamically schema switching for the user logged in power pages and Render the reports from power Bi

Hello ,

whenever the Ever the user log in the portal(webpage/power apps) Dynamically the schema has to be selected according to the user from the Snowflake Schema and only that schema data should be rendered on the power Bi Dashboard. 

I am trying to validate the user using Azure B2C and from the whenever the user logins i am able to store the Usename in the data but unable send that particular username to power Query(power Bi) for the schema dedicated to that user. If any leads are there regarding this highly appreciated. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That should work as long as your Power BI data source is in Direct Query Mode, you use Dynamic Query Parameters, you produce the same output structure across schemas and RLS on the schema columns.

Easy? No.  But doable.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PrismaBI
Frequent Visitor

Hi! I need that too. To automatically switch a parameter in the string connection (Power Query) based on the logged in user. How did you come to a solution?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That should work as long as your Power BI data source is in Direct Query Mode, you use Dynamic Query Parameters, you produce the same output structure across schemas and RLS on the schema columns.

Easy? No.  But doable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.