Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ams123
Frequent Visitor

Dynamically join tables with filters values from Slicer

I am trying to have a dynmaic table that is the union of the other tables that have relationships and slicers.

Systems are linked to specific subsystems which are linked to specific components.  Selecting a specific system via slicer will filter the subsystem and components as expected in their individual timing charts.  I have individual timing charts for all there which work as intended but when I utilize a Power Querry Append or DAX Union to create a single timing table and chart I don't get the slicer filtering to carry over.  Since a table can only have one relationship I cannot link all the relationships to make the slicers vwork directly.

I have file that demostrates the issue but not sure how to share it.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ams123,

1. You can upload the file to the cloud drive like OneDrive, GoogleDrive and then share the download link here.

2. The calculated table can't respond to the slicers. 

3. What's the expected result?

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

1) Here is my demo file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlfwErB6m5JThTQzvqKm2LDKuMxg

Is there another way to build the table so it will be the combination of the sliced tables.

Hi @ams123,

What's the expected result? 

Would like to integrate the three tables into one? Maybe the fields of the slicers should be from the One table [Timing].

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have three unique timing elements {systems, subsystems, componets} which all have relationships so when you select one system you filter down subsystems and components.  This can be seen in the individual timing tables.  I want the overall timing table to filter down in the same why via the slicers, select one system and the subsystems and components are filtered.

Hi @ams123,

Establishing a relationship like the snapshot shows could help. Please give it a try.

Dynamically-join-tables-with-filters-values-from-Slicer

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.