Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sm95
Frequent Visitor

Dynamically change images from local system in PBI report based on column value

Hello all,

I have a requirement to dynamically switch images in PBI report based on my calculated column value. The images (.png) are present in my local system. I have seen multiple posts describing the use of URLs for switching images, but is there any way to do so when the images are in my system folder?

Below is the calculated column logic based on which I want to switch the images.

Change Pct Direction = IF([CHANGE_PCT] > 0 , 1 , IF([CHANGE_PCT]<0 , -1 , 0))

If value = 1, then I need Sm95_1-1652685505189.png image to display else Sm95_2-1652685540741.png image. There are few other scenarios where I need different set of images to be switched. Please suggest any possible workarounds/solutions for the same.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Sm95,

>>Does this mean this requirement can be achieved only if the images are on a public URL? Any way we can do it by providing the folder location of the images in my system?

Yes, current power bi not able to recognize and analyze image links with redirect or authorization.

Please use the 'public link' directly located to the root image files(e.g. xxxx.xxxx.com/abc.img) that do not include any redirection or authorizations.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sm95 ,

In the same formula return the image URL . Better have these images on a public URL or one drive where an organization can have access

Change Pct Direction = IF([CHANGE_PCT] > 0 , "<Path>\image1.png" , IF([CHANGE_PCT]<0 , "<Path>\image-1.png" , "<Path>\image0.png"))

You can also try using unichar, if you find a suitable one

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/conditional-formatting-using-icons-in-power-bi/
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/FORMAT-icon-set-for-use-in-a-data-card/td-p/811692

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/dax-unichar-function-power-bi/

Thanks @amitchandak . Does this mean this requirement can be achieved only if the images are on a public URL? Any way we can do it by providing the folder location of the images in my system?

HI @Sm95,

>>Does this mean this requirement can be achieved only if the images are on a public URL? Any way we can do it by providing the folder location of the images in my system?

Yes, current power bi not able to recognize and analyze image links with redirect or authorization.

Please use the 'public link' directly located to the root image files(e.g. xxxx.xxxx.com/abc.img) that do not include any redirection or authorizations.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.