Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pmcewan
Frequent Visitor

Dynamically Calculating Column Max

I'm trying to build a direct query report of user activity where the data is retrieved from an MS SQL view.  The view does some calculations to determine if the user is active (not just whether they've logged in or not), and the report needs to have a less than date slicer that when a date is selected, it needs to calculate the MAX active user activity date for each user that is less than or equal to the date slicer.  In other words, based on the active view column, it needs to find the MAX activity date for a user that is active and less than the date slicer.  Then it needs to display the user and MAX date in a datatable.  Does anybody have suggestions on how to make this work?  Because I can't seem to get the MAX dates to recalculate properly based on the slicer date selected

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pmcewan 

Is this problem sloved? 

If it is sloved, could you kindly accept it as a solution to close this case?

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards

Maggie

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pmcewan 

It is better to share an example data here and tell me how to detemine whether the user is active.

I made a test as below:

Assume you have data as below,

then you create a date table and create relationships as below

date Table = CALENDARAUTO()

3.png4.png

also assume the rule which is active:

for example, for user a, he log in at 2019/4/3, and log out at 2019/4/15,

he is active during 2019/4/3~2019/4/14, so the max date he is active for this period is 2019/4/14.

If all above is the same as your scenario, you could create such a measure

max date active = CALCULATE(MAX(Sheet3[date]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Sheet3,Sheet3[user]),Sheet3[status]="out"))-1

5.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.