Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

santoshsahoo34
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic rolling 6 months trend using month slicer

Hi Folks,

I am pretty new to power BI and struggling to find solution for the below problem statement.  Any help is really appreciated.

Problem Statement - I have a slicer which has list of fiscal months (Comes from tabular model). I want to show a trend of measure for rolling 6 months when i choose a particular month from the slicer. For ex - if i choose Feb 18, trend should be from Sep 17 till Feb 18, if i choose Dec17 trend should be from Jul17 till Dec17 and so on. There are couple of similar posts in the forum but none of them seems working for me.

Note - The tabular model cube I am using is a read only and I do not have access to edit/add column/table. The only thing I can create/modify is a measure.

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@santoshsahoo34,

You may take a look at this thread.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
santoshsahoo34
Frequent Visitor

I am new to power Bi and need some help on the below problem statement.

I need to show rolling 6 months trend dynamically based on month slicer selection. There are many similar posts i went through but it did not work out for me.

Note  - I am using a tabular model cube in which I can not create/modify column, I can only add/modify measure.

Is there a way to solve this problem. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.