Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

joshiga
Regular Visitor

Dynamic line plot with selectable X and Y parameters

Hi ,

I'm new to Power BI. I want to display a line plot with user selectable X and Y parameters. The display view will be a line plot along with two drop downs XParam and YParam. User can select a parameter from XParam drop down and another parameter from YParam drop down. These parameters will be used as X and Y axes of line plot respectively. How to achieve this in Power BI?

Thank You,

4 REPLIES 4
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joshiga ,

You could create two slicers to configure the x and y axis.

1-1.PNG1-2.PNG

Or you could set it from format pane.

1-3.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thanks for the reply but this is not what I want to achieve. 

Going by your example, I want to have 2 drop downs (instead of the slicers) which will provide options to select column1, column2, column3,..columnN etc. for plotting X-axis and Y-axis. User should be able to plot column3 vs. column5 or, column2 vs column4 by selecting the column names from the 2 drop downs. Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Amit for the quick reply, but I couldn't get how to achieve it through the button, selection pane etc. 

Is there any simpler way to achieve this?

I could find how to change X-axis parameter but could not find a solution for selecting parameters for both the axes.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.