Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Tooltip Axis

Hello,

I am designing a report which shows sales by City. Each City is associated with specific Region -> Country -> Continent.

There is a column chart showing aggregated sales value by each month. I want to design a tooltip that will show this value broken down by one of the categories mentioned above (City OR Region OR Country OR Continent). 

The user will have a slicer or buttons to choose which level he wants to obtain (City OR Region OR Country OR Continent).

What would be the easiest way to achieve a tooltip with a dynamic axis?

I was thinking about playing with bookmarks, so the user will select one of the buttons (City OR Region OR Country OR Continent) and this would switch the visual with an appropriate tooltip, but maybe there is an easier way.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I found a solution without bookmarks. I have created a disconnected table where one column has all the values for City AND Region AND Country AND Continent and second column which has a selection value. Next, the second column is used to filter on level of details.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I found a solution without bookmarks. I have created a disconnected table where one column has all the values for City AND Region AND Country AND Continent and second column which has a selection value. Next, the second column is used to filter on level of details.

Hi @Anonymous 

thanks for your reply.

if question has been solved, could you mark the answer helpful to close this thread, then the others can find it more quickly. 

really appreciate!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

you can use slicer + drill through, the limitation is that it is not very dynamic, you need to click on drill button on the visual.

vxiaotang_0-1630393898910.gif

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Bookmark is way to go along with tooltip page

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.