Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

yaman123
Post Patron
Post Patron

Dynamic Target Line

Hi,

I am looking to add a dynamic target line to a bar chart, The target line should change according to the year and type of conformance is selected fromn the filters pane. 

In my target table, I have the below columns - 

yaman123_0-1670245955248.png

There is no relationship to any table.

My main table has the FY column, Month and Non Conformance Type column. 

I would like to show a barchart with a target line which changes according to the FY selected and non conformance type selected. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
yaman123
Post Patron
Post Patron

Is there an update on this please? Is there a way to get the results i need? @v-rzhou-msft 

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yaman123 ,

I think you can use a bar chart and use the "Analytics" pane to add a constant line.

Create a measure by SUM() and then add this measure into "Conditional formatting" by fx icon.

RicoZhou_0-1670319087792.png

For referernce: Use the Analytics pane in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-rzhou-msft 

Thanks for that. Is there a way to group values so the correct target lines show - 

I have this target table below - 

SNC Complaints is grouped with values Quality, Packaging/Labelling, Microbiological And Foreign Body but Foreign Body should also be a type on its own and have its own target along with it being included in SNC Complaints group? Does that make sense? 

yaman123_0-1670335303551.png

Hi @yaman123 ,

I couldn't find values like Quality, Packaging/Labelling, Microbiological in your screenshot.

Please share a sample file with me and show me a screenshot with the result you want. This will make it easier for me to find the solution.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-rzhou-msft 

As below, the types should be grouped and Foreign Body should be in a group of its own and in SNC Complaints group 

TypeGroup 
QualitySNC Complaints 
Packaging/LabellingSNC Complaints 
MicrobiologicalSNC Complaints 
Foreign BodySNC ComplaintsForeign Body

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.