Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ajadhan2
Regular Visitor

Dynamic Row Level Security

Hi All,
I need help in setting up the RLS dax  for  multiple role selection, e,g if I have created Dynamic Role for Dyn_Europe as [Region]="Europe" and another one Dyn_Foam as  [ProductGroup]= "Foam". So whenever user in View as selects Dyn_Europe and Dyn_Foam, then user should see for Europe region only Foam data. I know we can create one dynamic role as [Region]="Europe" &&  [ProductGroup]= "Foam" but as there are mulitple regions and multiple product groups,so creating combinations wont be worth. So is there any other solution instead of creating the combinations

Will be grateful for you help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ajadhan2 

Based on your description, you're looking for an efficient way to apply RLS without having to create large combinations of roles for each region and product group. Unfortunately, however, as of the current release, Power BI does not directly support the approach you are considering, which is to create separate roles for each condition and expect them to be dynamically combined. You can create one dynamic role as [Region]="Europe" &&  [ProductGroup]= "Foam" even though it's cumbersome in a way.

You can submit an idea for here and the product team will take note of such a need.

Related Link: New tab (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ajadhan2
Regular Visitor

Thank you, your explanation was helpful

v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ajadhan2 

Based on your description, you're looking for an efficient way to apply RLS without having to create large combinations of roles for each region and product group. Unfortunately, however, as of the current release, Power BI does not directly support the approach you are considering, which is to create separate roles for each condition and expect them to be dynamically combined. You can create one dynamic role as [Region]="Europe" &&  [ProductGroup]= "Foam" even though it's cumbersome in a way.

You can submit an idea for here and the product team will take note of such a need.

Related Link: New tab (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.