Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nchandran
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamic Role based problem based on ldap

hi,

currently i have a billing report that's using dynamic RLS to allow users to see the defined rows based on dept ownership.

If the access is given to one user i dont have a problem but using two there is an issue. Refer screenshots below.

Working RoleWorking RoleWorking RLSWorking RLSNot Working RoleNot Working RoleNot Working RLSNot Working RLSFiltering based on Bill owner on datasourceFiltering based on Bill owner on datasource

7 REPLIES 7
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nchandran ,

As mentioned by Payeras_BI, you should use [Bill Owner] = "TLee12; TSim3" and if you want to add more conditions in one role, you should use [Bill Owner] = "TLee12" || [Bill Owner] = "TSim3" instead of  [Bill Owner] = "TLee12" && [Bill Owner] = "TSim3"

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Payeras_BI
Super User
Super User

Hi @nchandran ,

Wouldn't be that in your Table filter expression instead of this:

Payeras_BI_0-1606115700248.png

You wrote this:

[Bill Owner] = "TLee12; TSim3"

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to help other users find useful content.
Kudos are another nice way to acknowledge those who tried to help you.

J. Payeras
Mallorca, Spain

oh so i should change the expression to --> [Bill Owner] = "TLee12; TSim3" for the filter, ok i will try now.

Hi @nchandran ,

Did it work?

Regards,

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to help other users find useful content.
Kudos are another nice way to acknowledge those who tried to help you.

J. Payeras
Mallorca, Spain

We had to end up removing the roles because the two user needs to see the entire bill. Chckin with return back on this.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nchandran , Not very clear Try || (Or) In place of && (and)

Are you saying on the excel Bill owner field? to change from A ; B to A && B?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.