Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TBensen
Helper I
Helper I

Duplication of Records from OData source

Hello,

I'm having an issue with one of my OData data sources duplicating records.  I created a whole new report and imported this OData connection to see if it was something in my previous report that was causing this, but it still doing the same thing.

Here is snippet of data that is showing the cuplicate records.  The information contained in all of the columns in the data source are the same except for the "RowNum".  I don't have any other "Applied Steps" besides the Source and Navigation ones.

TBensen_0-1618918720520.png

You can see the duplicates in Record No 6241, 6233, 6222, 6206, and 6199.

Another thing I have noticed, is there are missing records in the Power BI data source that are present in the original data source, so if I remove duplicates from the Record No column, I get a misrepresentation of the data.

I have also noticed this error when I click on a row in the Power Query Editor.

TBensen_1-1618918914475.png

I'm not sure if the error is related to the issues I'm having, but I don't really know where to start with this issue.

Thank You,
Trevor Bensen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TBensen
Helper I
Helper I

The issue stemmed from the application's data source.  There was a feature enabled on the platform that pagniated the data.  By turning this feature off, the issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Trevor Bensen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TBensen
Helper I
Helper I

The issue stemmed from the application's data source.  There was a feature enabled on the platform that pagniated the data.  By turning this feature off, the issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Trevor Bensen

Hi! Odata is the connector so, what is the source of the data here? any platform? Also, what kind of settings might i need to change if the data is streaming in from D365?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.